There are a great number of social media websites online, more than 500 websites. You want a community that gives you fresh news on topics you care about. You want something that sends prospects and traffic while branding your business. You want a social media website with a long term returns on investment. But most of the social media websites are dormant and are no longer active because they were poorly marketed and thus a limited community of users. Some of the websites are even riddled with spam.
There are 21 social media websites listed on this page and each of them comes with a description and a screenshot. These information took me a considerable amount of time to complete but it is important for you to understand the main operations of a website with just a sentence or two so that you can quickly grasp what the site is all about and if it would be a good match for your business. Every site has been checked and double checked for quality, activeness and search engine friendliness.
- Twitter is a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time.
- Badoo is a dynamic multi-lingual socializing site that allows its users worldwide to find all the greatest events happening in their area.
- Ryze business networking site helps you to expand your business network by making business connections, new contacts and friends.
- Delicious is the world’s biggest social bookmarking service which help to keep, share and discover the best of the web.
- Kaboodle is a fun shopping community where people recommend and discover new things.
- Digg is a place for people to discover and share comment from anywhere on the web.
- Reddit are user generated news links. Votes promote stories to the front page.
- Multiply users can create, share and discuss blogs, photos, videos and music with others as well as post reviews of movies and books or share a calender of events.
- FriendFeed allows you to build a customised feed of made up of content your friends on other collaborative sites have shared, including news articles, photos and more.
- Revver is the first viral video sharing network with original user generated content videos.
- MySpace find friends and classmates, meet new people, listen to free music and build playlists, share photos, watch videos and more!
- YouTube share your videos with friends, family and the world.
- Sphinn is the place for web, online, search, interactive and internet marketers to share news stories.
- StumbleUpon discovers web sites based on your interests, learns what you like and brings you more.
- Viddler is the best way to watch and publish your videos.
- UStream is a live broadcast, webcam chat rooms or free TV online. Web podcast, free video streaming, live TV show broadcasting and live Video Chat.
- Technorati is a real-time search for user -generated media (including weblogs) by tag or keyword. It also provides popularity indexes.
- WordPress is a semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability.
- Blogger is a free blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world.
- Tumblr makes it effortless to share text, photos, quotes, links, music and videos.
- Squidoo is the popular (free) site for creating single webpages on your interests and recommendations Even earn money for charity or yourself.
After going through these 21 popular social media websites, I hope that you had found a few sites that really matched up with your marketing goals for your business. Make sure that you take the information you’ve learned and start putting it to use in your business right away. To make sure that you take action, take a piece of paper right now and write down the URLs of all the sites that you choose to get started. This will be your action list of sites to use. You will then be fully prepared to integrate social media into your business structure and start marketing and create brand awareness!