As we all know that social networking is the only place where you can connect with several people and can deliver your mind’s thoughts and whatever is running inside your mind. In this manner, Twitter has always given a helpful hand to those people who want to increase their company’s sales and want to interact with various new people. Twitter provides you positive edge to make your company popular and to tell about your products and services to those people who are unaware of your company. This means that you are no longer far away from your success when you start making connections with your clients and with other people who can be your customers.
In this fast paced modern world, everybody is in search of those advertising channels which can provide fastest outcomes within short interval of time. This is the reason, why people are moving towards social networking on internet which is considered to be one of the most effectual ideas till now. Basically, social networking is meant to be building strong relationships with people online.
Twitter is a micro-blogging platform that allows its users to communicate and stay connected through answering one simple answer – “What are you doing?” – in 140 characters just like a SMS message. Business are using Twitter as way of extending their customer service, keeping interested parties up to date on their latest news and giving exclusive deals to their followers. It allows companies to do a better job at reaching out to the consumers, create a branding awareness and marketing channel.
Social networking is all about conversations. Many people have asked “how can you communicate any important message in just a few words, limiting to 140 characters? How could we market the product across to the consumers?” Great marketers will tell you being concise is the skill of a great marketer. And with the ability to embed links into your tweets, you have the option to link to larger message content, website or promotions. If you browse a bit through Twitter, you will undoubtedly find Twitter users for a lot of popular online and offline brands, that simply track their day to day progress and update with valuable breaking news. The thing about twitter branding is that it’s a lot more personal, helping you to thin the line between you and your customers. As it’s the case with most social media services, you can use Twitter to market and pitch your products. However Twitter won’t directly help you market your content but rather indirectly by helping build your brand name and authority. After you have established yourself as an authority to your audience, sales will follow as well.
Benefits for Companies Using Twitter
- Build relationships and networks – the era of the monotonous press release are over
- Complement existing customer service
- Direct people’s attention to good things
- Listen to what consumers are saying about your product – both good and bad
- Participate proactively in discussions with your customers
- Breaks news faster than other sources
- Conduct market surveys
- Help with business development
- Create a back-channel at events for instant feedback
Should You Be On Twitter?
- Do you want a low or no cost tool to add to your marketing mix?
- Do you want immediate feedback on what your customers think?
- Do you want to pro actively engage one to one with customers?
- Are you willing to be transparent and authentic and not hide behind corporate speak and/or policies?
- Are you prepared to respond to your audience?
- Are you comfortable with “building good will” as an objective?
- Are you able to devote the time to do this right?
Marketing is about finding the right tools for the job. Define your purpose of having an account and what type of updates will be given so that consumers can decide if they want to follow or not. Fact is Twitter is just lovely and I would not hide the fact that I am a fan myself. Why not add me at @JasperOng…